Friday, June 15, 2012

4 years ago

Four years ago yesterday, I was at Carnival Court with my friends & Barry and that night I had decided that I was going to stop being stubborn and hurt and officially make the decision to "date" Barry. We had already been seeing each other & hanging out for two and a half months but I was too scared to start a relationship with anyone because of my past hurts.
You see, that same day, 1 year before I was engaged to my high school sweetheart and he broke off our wedding and relationship 2 months before our wedding day. I was devastated as you can imagine. Not going to go into that.
Little did I know that God had something in store for me. And I never imagined it would be someone I dated 3 years prior. And definitely didn't imagine he would've come so quickly.
So that evening at Carnival Court, I decided to replace the bad memory of June 14 with a better one. The day I knew I was going to take that last step forward and never look back. I am proud to say I did that and my life is better than I ever imagined it could be. Everything fell into place perfectly after I made that decision. Two months after that decision, I knew in my heart I was going to marry that man. Our life together has been wonderful. He is my bestest friend and I love spending my time with him. He makes me laugh and he will do anything to make me happy.
So, in closing, my good friend Antwone was right that night when he said," That's a good look for you." That's all the approval I needed :)