Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Here we go again....update.

Well, another update. It's been a whole year since my last post. Too funny. And let me tell you, A LOT has changed! I'm going to summarize this with bullet points, since that goes along with my type A personality ;)

  • Hired by 24 Hour fitness as a group X instructor for Turbo Kick classes.
  • Became a weight watchers life time member! (Which means I met my weight loss goal & maintained it for 6 weeks).
  • Hired by Weight Watchers to become a receptionist.
  • Took my first ilovekickboxing.com class & was asked to become an instructor.
  • Became a Weight Watcher meeting room leader.
  • Celebrated 3 years of marriage with my husband. (It's been great).
  • Offered a full time position at ilovekickboxing. 
  • Accepted offer.
  • Offered two Saturday morning Weight Watchers meetings. (Big deal in weight watchers world).
  • Quit my job of 6 years at Summerlin hospital. (Very scary).
  • Celebrated one year of keeping my weight off!
  • Started ilovekickboxing full time.
Phew! Okay. So that's pretty much where I'm at. The past year has been a process of changing my career, from healthcare to fitness. Which, I guess is still healthcare, right? I lead 3 weight watchers meetings & work full time as an instructor. What a change! NEVER in my life would I think I would be getting paid to teach classes! I have let go of my Turbo Kick classes at 24 Hour Fitness, but I hope to get certified in something else soon. Zumba anyone?
I really can't tell you how happy I am with this transition. I never disliked my full time job until I started teaching at the gym. After that, it was becoming so hard to concentrate at work when all I wanted to do was be somewhere else.
Now, I have freed up my schedule (I was working 56-60 hours a week) and I am doing something I enjoy. I literally just let out a huge sigh of relief when I wrote that. God has ben so good to me & has given me more than what my heart desired. I am overflowing!
So what's next???
If you know me, you know I am always working toward something and trying to achieve something. I am going to enjoy my time at home for awhile. There are a lot of projects that have been put on the back burner because of my busy life. Then, within the next year or so, I would like to work toward getting my personal training certificate and some kind of nutrition certification. Ultimately, I want to help people reach their fitness goals and feel like I feel! So, keep posted with me because I'm going to be blogging a lot more now that I have more time. Oh! And don't forget to "Like" my facebook page HERE for all the health/fitness tips you need during the week! Take Care.