Monday, June 17, 2013

CAMP DO MORE STARTS TODAY!!!


Oh man oh man! I can't tell you how excited I am! Today starts 3 days at Camp Do More! What is Camp do more you ask? Here's an explanation in a nutshell:

Camp Do More is self improvement and personal development disguised as a party! Think motivational lectures, super fun workouts, an entertaining fashion show, an off the hook dance party, friendships, inspiration, and MORE!

Inspiration and Motivation to Last a Lifetime!

Join Chalene Johnson, New York Times Best-Selling Author of “Push: 30 Days to Turbocharged Habits, a Bangin’ Body, and the Life You Deserve” for a once in a lifetime experience at Camp Do More!
Get the Motivation, Tools, and Accountability You Need to Achieve Anything You Set Your Mind to and Have a Blast Doing It! DO MORE at Chalene Johnson’s Camp Do More!
Chalene Johnson is one of my biggest fitness inspiration, next to Jillian Michaels. When I was about 19-20 years old, I started taking this class called Turbo Kick at 24 Hour Fitness. I fell in love! It was the best workout I could get in 60 minutes without feeling like I was "working out." One day, my instructor was being evaluated, and the evaluator approached me after class and told me I had great form & I should look into instructing. Of course I was too chicken to do anything like that, so I brushed it off. But that moment had always stayed in the back of my mind.
Years had gone by and I was a yo-yo dieter/ gym attendee. I gained/lost and could never be consistent with anything. Then I gained a lot of weight. So, I went back to the gym, and took my trustee Turbo kick class. That was always my go-to. 
I started to do some research on fitness programs because I needed to lose this weight and I came across something called Beachbody. So I looked up the products & found Chalene Johnson! I went to her sight & saw she was a sort of like, a life coach. She inspired me so much & all her motivation to live an all around healthy life was right up my alley. I love talking about that kind of stuff. Little did I know that SHE was the one who created the Turbo Kick class that I loved at 24 Hour Fitness! It took me years to find her, lol, but it was like fate. I loved Turbo Kick even more after I found this great person who was behind it.
Going back to my Turbo Kick classes at the gym (years later), led me to do her home video TurboFire, which then led me to really concentrate on my health and join Weight Watchers which led to 35 pounds gone!
So that's my story of how I was introduced to Chalene....well, kinda.
But back to Camp Do More! I've never been able to go, because it is a little expensive, has always been in Orange County & I didn't have any "fit" friends. I kept telling myself I was going to save money for it but it never happened. Then of course you know, I got certified as a Turbo Kick instructor and went into the fitness direction of my career, so I made a choice that I was going to go! And of course this is they year that it's in VEGAS! My hometown!
Here's a clip of what it looks like:
We are separated in football teams & I am on the Broncos. If you know me, you know I know nothing about football, so I literally had to google to see what our colors are. I did some shopping and came up with some good stuff.
My best find was that "My skills never end" T-shirt at Wal-Mart in the boys section for $3! I love when I find something for cheap!
Good thing workout clothes are light, because there are going to be 6 workouts including a PJ Piyo. I just rolled up all my favorite tops & pants & put them in here. I'll decide later. Oh, and of course I can't forget snacks.
I had to pick some healthy ones because I will be rooming with health nuts, lol. I still don't consider myself a health nut. When I think of staying on the strip, the first thing that comes to mind is all the good food I can get. I'm a fat kid at heart that's for sure :)

So, that's a little about camp do more. I need to finish packing and come up with a plan on how I can get a picture with Chalene. See ya when I get back home. Tootles!